The EMMETT Technique is based on the belief that light touch can trigger a relaxation response in the soft tissue of the body, and the therapist may help relieve tensions resulting in feelings of improved comfort within the body.
It may be enjoyed by people of all ages, from babies to the elderly. Many people find they feel more at ease within their body and emotional well-being is enhanced.
The relaxing nature of the technique results in people reporting typical responses such as:
- Improved comfort and ease within the area treated such as back, abdomen, hips, legs, knees, ankles, feet, shoulders, arm, hand and neck
- More restful sleep
- Enhanced mood
- A sense of lightness within their body
What to expect from a treatment:
- Clients can be treated standing, seated or lying down.
- Treatments can be applied through light clothing or directly onto the skin.
- A light touch is all that is required to work with your body to make small adjustments and releases to bring your body back to your own natural balance.